Saturday, May 27, 2006

Better Computing

I've been a Windows / PC fan for a LONG time. In fact, I was one of the few people (very few, I think maybe 10 or 20) that actually used and liked Windows 386. (Yes, I'm THAT old.) I've eagerly anticipated and adopted almost every version of windows. Looking back, maybe it was just the hope that this time, the software would actually work. In truth, it has gotten better...or has it?

I've had my current PC for about 2 years. Its no screamer, but it get the job done. Sadly, XP is slowly driving me crazy. Crash after crash, glitch after glitch...what gives? I love computers. I even like Windows. The guys at Microsoft have been working on this for how many years now and it still won't stop crashing? Uh...thank God you guys don't make airplanes! I'm just at a point in life where I just want my computers to work. Turn on fast. Run reliably. And PLEASE don't crash every 10 minutes. Too much to ask?

I'll probably have to buy a new laptop for the CCMBA program. I can use my work machine for convenience and cost, but I'm seriously debating. One more crash and I'm buying a MacBook Pro.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home